LIGHTHOUSE POINT ESTATES OWNERS ASSOCIATION BY-LAWS AND REGULATIONS THE INTENT OF THE FOLLOWING BY-LAWS AND REGULATIONS IS TO HELP THE PROPERTY OWNERS MAINTAIN LIGHTHOUSE POINT ESTATES PROPERTY VALUES WITH TRANQUILITY AND ORDER IN THE DEVELOPMENT.
CHAPTER I GENERAL PROVISIONS
DEFINITIONS: These By-Laws adopt the following definitions to simplify the understanding of the same.
- THE OWNER: Natural or legal entities that acquire the property or the use and enjoyment rights of one or several lots in LIGHTHOUSE POINT ESTATES. The Developer or Settler is not considered to be and owner.
- THE BY-LAWS: This document and the future amendments of the same.
- THE ASSOCIATION: The legal entity formed by the OWNERS of LIGHTHOUSE POINT ESTATES to regulate the developments.
- THE COMMITTEE: The group of OWNERS appointed by the ASSOCIATION, in charge of the observation of the BY-LAWS. The Committee must have at least one architect and engineer as a member.
- BEACH FRONT LOTS: The lots as per site plan lettered “A”
- AVENUE LOTS: The lots as per site plan lettered “B”
- ESTATE LOTS: The lots as per site plan lettered “C & D”
USE OF THE PROPERTIES:
The lots shall not be used for any purpose which may be illegal or contrary to any government or municipal rules or ordinances, or is injurious to the reputation of LIGHTHOUSE POINT ESTATES. Each property is destined and must be used exclusively for residential purposes. No condominium or further subdivision of the lots will be allowed in the future. OWNERS shall force renters or other users of their homes to abide by these BY-LAWS.
TEMPORARY FACILITIES: OWNERS are permitted to use recreational vehicles or campers as primary residence under the terms of the following rules:
- For a period of one year after the commencement of foundation of home.
- A motor home may remain on the owners property if it is later enclosed within a structure and can’t be seen from outside the property, or to be parked at a designated area.
- No camping on the beach is permitted.
- A designated Area is Phase II (Approx.6 acres) as shown on master site plan will be used for storage of boats, trailers, and R.V’s. The cost for construction to secure and landscape this area will be that the owners at Lighthouse Point Estates. (1) Said cost to be shared equally by each owner after approval by the ASSOCIATION.
CHAPTER II EXTERIOR APPEARANCE AND INSTALLATION
SIGNS: Any signs, billboards, placards, advertising or other fixtures of any kind shall be erected on the lots or on the roads of LIGHTHOUSE POINT ESTATES. Shall first be approved by the COMMITTEE.
- All structures on LOTS marked “A” shall not exceed 5 meters in height.
- All structures on LOTS marked “B” & “C” shall not exceed 7 meters in height.
- All structures on LOTS marked “D” shall not exceed 9 meters in height.
- All lots must have a topographical plan completed before any construction commences.
- All heights are measured from topographical median level to the peak of the roof. It is permitted to have various roof levels, if the height remains within the restriction set forth above.
- No construction shall be located any lesser distance than 2.00 meters from the interior line, and no less than 6 meters from the front line of each lot. The distance of the front construction limit for beach front lots will be determined by the topographical study taking into consideration the natural terrain of the dunes and the limits of adjacent lots.
- The maximum area to be constructed per lot shall not exceed 50% of the total surface. The minimum size home to be constructed shall be no less than 1,200 Sq. Ft excluding terraces.
- Façade of all construction must to be designed with Mexican, Spanish or Mediterranean style, with concrete or tile roofs, Colors must be earth tones.
- A maximum of one primary residence is allowed. OWNERS may elect to construct garages, storage area, decks, shades structures and servant quarters or guest room which may or may not be contiguous to the primary residence.
- Exterior patios, terraces, outdoor shades areas can be covered with palm, wood, bamboo, or like materials. No corrugated metal, reflective material or unfinished construction material are permitted.
- Retaining walls are to be constructed of rock, brick, or plastered block and with a maximum height of 2 meters.. Any other material must be approved by the COMMITTEE.
INSTALLATIONS: The following rules must be observed in connection with the installations of the constructions placed in LIGHTHOUSE POINT ESTATES.
- All properties must have a minimum of two parking spaces within the property.
- Generator, if any, must be enclosed in soundproof structures.
- Water tanks, and satellite antennas or any structure that may alter the roofline nor be visible from outside of the lot boundaries.
- Each lot is required to have an individual sewage treatment system with recycled water return for garden and plant watering. Systems to be odorless and approved by the COMMITTEE.
- It is the responsibility of the OWNERS to maintain the roads within their properties and to keep their grounds clean.
- Developer shall use alternate entrance for road construction in subsequent phases thereby assuring maximum tranquility to existing home owners.
DOMESTIC APPLIANCES: Trash containers, water heaters and laundry areas must be enclosed so they are not seen from the exterior of the property.
CHAPTER III CONSTRUCTION RULES
BOND: OWNER and/or his contractor is required to put up a construction bond of $1,000.00 US in an interest bearing account at a local bank in the name of the OWNER (or contractor), and the ASSOCIATION. This is to insure that the debris and construction materials are removed at the termination of the work. The bond will cover the cost to repair any damages incurred while building. Refunded after satisfactory termination.
LOCAL REGULATIONS: Before initiation of any construction, OWNER and/or his contractor must submit the project for the authorization of the COMMITTEE. Once that authorization is granted, builder must go to the local authorities to obtain the corresponding construction license. OWNER and/or his contractor must abide by the BY-LAWS, and the local state building codes.
SANITARY FACILITIES: Builder/Contractor must provide sanitary facilities for on site construction crews, trash containers and adequate living conditions for their crews. No dumping or burning of garbage or construction material allowed. All debris must be hauled away.
CHAPTER IV GENERAL BEHAVIOR RULES IN LIGHTHOUSE POINT ESTATES
NOISE: A tranquil environment is inherent in the concept of LIGHTHOUSE POINT ESTATES . It is presumed that all owners, guest and renters subscribe to this concept. Noise restrictions will be enforced after 12:00 midnight.
PARKING: The OWNERS and their visitor must park within the respective property. No vehicles of any kind (auto, three wheeler, dune buggy or motorcycles) are allowed on the beaches.
ANIMALS: Only domestic animals (i.e. dogs and cats) are permitted within the residents property. While outside of the property they must be on a leash.
CHAPTER V ASSOCIATION RULES
MAINTENANCE FEES AND ASSESSMENTS:
- Each lot owner is obligated to pay a yearly maintenance fee of $200.00 US for improved properties and $100.00 US for unimproved properties and any special assessments established by the ASSOCIATION . These fees shall be delivered to the ASSOCIATION no later than January 15th. Annually.
- The ASSOCIATION will apply said fees to the following :
- Garbage collection
- Common roads.
- Green areas
- Entrance gates and water fountain
- Beach access.
- Each residence shall be individually metered for the water and electricity.
- The COMMITTEE is empowered to assess a penalty not to exceed $500.00 US for non-compliance with or blatant disregard of the aforementioned article.
- The ASSOCIATION will make available all records and books upon written request within 72 hours if summoned by a associate member.
- The ASSOCIATION will forward yearly to all owners the annual budget and statement of accounts.
VOTING: Each OWNER is entitled to one vote for each lot owned, as determined in the contract signed with the developer of LIGHTHOUSE POINT ESTATE. Providing that ASSOCIATION dues are up to date.